Open roles at PESP:
If the job is listed here on our website, then we are still accepting applications.
PESP’s Climate team is seeking a Campaign/Research Director to lead the team on strategic campaigns and research projects that address the role of private equity in driving the climate crisis.
The Climate Director will lead the climate team to develop campaign strategies, priorities, and action plans to advance greater climate-related accountability and transparency by private asset managers. The Climate Director and team will implement these strategies by identifying and partnering with stakeholder groups impacted by private equity investments, participating in climate-related coalition work, engaging institutional investors, and supporting multiple related campaigns. The position includes collaborating to build and analyze data sets related to private equity investments across energy sectors, researching investment managers and their investments.
About the Position:
- Lead PESP’s work on corporate accountability and environmental justice, including planning and implementation of strategies focused on private asset manager investment practices in energy.
- Lead multiple staff focused on research and corporate accountability campaigns. Provide training and growth opportunities for team members to develop skills.
- Lead implementation of research projects, including managing various staff’s assigned contributions to research and analysis.
- Manage production of public-facing materials – guide research, writing of materials, provide edits and feedback, ensure coordination with design/communications staff, oversee proper legal and final approval
- Build strong relationships with partner organizations to support the work of communities impacted by private equity’s fossil fuels investments (e.g. frontline communities, environmental justice organizations, environmental/climate-focused groups and coalitions).
- Engage with institutional investors around sustainable investment policies and practices.
- Lead and implement strategies to build and manage data sets and conduct data analysis across multiple partner organizations.
- Write well-documented reports based on data analysis for various stakeholders including institutional investors, grassroots organizations, and the media.
- Guide research and campaigns to appropriately interact with stakeholder audiences including institutional investors, grassroots organizations, and the media.
- Assist Executive Director in developing and implementing organizational and campaign priorities
- Some travel required.The Private Equity Stakeholder Project is a nonprofit financial watchdog organization that researches and reports on private equity investments and their impacts on people and the planet, working with communities and other stakeholders to bring about change.
Experience & Skills:
- Strong commitment to social, economic and climate justice; experience working with diverse constituencies.
- At least ten (10) years of strategic research and/or campaigning experience including environmental justice campaigns.
- Experience in a comparable position, which includes campaign strategy development and implementation, partnership development, working with the media, political leaders and/or includes experience managing and analyzing large datasets.
- Strong communication and writing skills, including ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders such as investors, policymakers, media, unions, and community-based organizations.
- Experience with analyzing and modeling environmental impact data.
- Experience with data management platforms like Airtable/SQL, data analysis tools like R or Python and data visualization tools.
- Strong knowledge of financial advocacy within the context of the climate or environmental movement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate with team
- Experience leading other staff and driving projects
Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Organizational Relationship: The position reports to the Executive Director.
The compensation and benefits
The salary range for this position is $100,000 – $115,000, commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with a subject line reading “Climate Director – Your First and Last Name“