In light of Envision Healthcare’s (owned by KKR) starring role in America’s surprise medical billing problem, as well as recent headlines around its potential bankruptcy and its ongoing feud with UnitedHealthcare, the Private Equity Stakeholder Project has put together a report on Envision Healthcare as a case study to demonstrate some of the pitfalls of private equity investment in healthcare.
- Envision Healthcare – an overview
- Envision’s role in surprise medical billing
- Envision helps fund dark money campaign against legislative attempts to regulate surprise billing
- Litigation and disputes with UnitedHealthcare and providers
- Risk of restructuring and bankruptcy
- Timeline of Envision Healthcare (2017 to present)
- A list of limited partners invested in KKR Americas Fund XII/Envision Healthcare
Find the full report HERE.